Latest Covid 19 News for Motorcyclists in England

Any motorcycle related topics that you want to discuss - no politics, religion, insults or offensive material

Moderator: Moderators

King Herald
Forum User
Country of Residence: United kingdom

Re: Latest Covid 19 News for Motorcyclists in England

Postby King Herald » Fri May 22, 2020 5:42 pm

Those are just the basic 'seek advice' guidelines... I think it's safe to say that, once it gets to stage 2, the symptoms are quite distinctive...

Rob

Ex wife tells me: Splitting headache that won’t quit. Total loss of sense of smell and taste. Chesty cough that brings nothing up. One pupil that does not react to bright light, doesn’t dilate, just stays the same.
She is on the mend now, and the headache has gone after a doctor told her to take ibuprofen, not paracetamol.

I have read that ibuprofen feeds the Covid, so that’s probably another Facebook myth disproved. #-o
1997 BMW R1100R
1993 Honda Transalp 600

King Herald
Forum User
Country of Residence: United kingdom

Postby King Herald » Fri May 22, 2020 5:56 pm

This road in Burnley was a 40 limit all of my life:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.78059 ... 053,19.29z

Not fund raising that they dropped it to 30 and for a year every day there were policemen with speed cameras then. :)

Policemen with speed cameras? What, literally stood there, with hand held, or in camera vans?

To use a camera van they have to apply legally, they can’t simply park up at random and start snapping away.

Plus, their location is published a week in advance in newspapers, so anybody who wants to know can spec out a safe route to break the law. :drunken:
1997 BMW R1100R
1993 Honda Transalp 600

Mjolinor
Forum User
Country of Residence: United Kingdom

Postby Mjolinor » Fri May 22, 2020 8:13 pm

Fixed cameras, vans and hand held very occasionally.

That was quite funny actually. A friend of mine lives on the road and a policeman came on a bike with a hand held. One of my mates neighbours is a lonely bloke that lives alone, he went out and engaged the policeman in conversation. He still had him engaged in conversation several hours alter and he got nowt done. :)

Rob Frankhamr
Club Member 14
Country of Residence: Scotland

Postby Rob Frankhamr » Sat May 23, 2020 4:04 pm

I am not saying that it should not be 30 MPH. I am saying that it was wrong to monitor it so severely when they changed it. Of course the accidents will have significantly reduced but dare I suggest that is may be because the speed limit reduced, or should I hold the police view and say it was because the police stuck speed cameras up there?

It's quite normal to concentrate on a newly applied speed limit. It does so improve the eyesight of drivers in relation to the new speed limit signs. You'd probably find that there was a policy of advise for minor infractions. If the attention continued for more than a couple of months, then that's a sure sign that drivers were still taking the p1ss.

Rob
But it wasn't fund raising at all. I am sorry, that is just total bull.

Half the population of Burnley got endorsements from day one. It never got me but then again I don't speed. It got my sister twice and my dad. Both of whom struggle to get to the speed limit. My sister is the only person I know that can exceed the published figures for MPG she is so docile. :)

Not trying to be disputative but it seems to me if you read your post with your prejudices disabled, you'll see that you answer the point very adequately there...

Rob
Robin Frankham
ImageImageImage

Frankhams retirement home for elderly Boxers.

Mjolinor
Forum User
Country of Residence: United Kingdom

Postby Mjolinor » Sat May 23, 2020 4:25 pm

[

Not trying to be disputative but it seems to me if you read your post with your prejudices disabled, you'll see that you answer the point very adequately there...

Rob
Yup, fund raising every day of the week. :)

John Marshall
Forum User
Country of Residence: UK

Postby John Marshall » Sun May 24, 2020 9:05 am

Just keep that Vitamin D level up, cod liver oil in the Winter is no bad thing.( unless you are a cod).
John

Return to “General Motorcycle Chat”