RNineT Line Up

Any motorcycle related topics that you want to discuss - no politics, religion, insults or offensive material

Moderator: Moderators

CharlieVictor
Forum User
Country of Residence: France

RNineT Line Up

Postby CharlieVictor » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:17 pm

Went for an improvised quick ride (the best ones) with a buddy today. We stumbled onto a bikers gathering in a town we had to cross.
There was the local BMW Motorrad dealer with a bunch of models on show.

The RNine T range is really neat. My favorite is the Pure, which in spirit is very close to the R100/7 in my opinion. €14k.

Next one would be the urban GS with a €17k price tag. [-(
Although one wonders why this trail-bike inspired by the R80G/S and R100GS of yesteryear comes equipped with the same low street handlebars as the Pure and basic roadsters. Completely screws up the riding position.

Then we walked back to the parking lot and despite the array of shiny brand new bikes from all origins, there was only a crowd around my old, rough, scarred Slash7. She's a keeper. O:)
1978 BMW R100S "Naked"
1999 650RS W3 Replica "Twin With a Kick"

Rob Frankhamr
Club Member 14
Country of Residence: Scotland

Re: RNineT Line Up

Postby Rob Frankhamr » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:03 pm

It's strange isn't it, an airhead always seems to get an appreciative smile and a thumbs up anywhere (except perhaps outside a Harley dealership :roll: )

Rob
Robin Frankham
ImageImageImage

Frankhams retirement home for elderly Boxers.

andys
Forum User
Country of Residence: UK

Postby andys » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:28 pm

The RNine T range is really neat. My favorite is the Pure, which in spirit is very close to the R100/7 in my opinion. €14k.
I have the unloved one.
People don't like the riding position but I honestly don't have any issues.

CharlieVictor
Forum User
Country of Residence: France

Postby CharlieVictor » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:14 pm

It's strange isn't it, an airhead always seems to get an appreciative smile and a thumbs up anywhere (except perhaps outside a Harley dealership :roll: )

Rob
Very true.
A week or so ago at my regular small town bistrot, there was a bunch of brand new KTMs, all plated in Austria. I even wondered if the owners were not either factory testers or journalists....
Anyhoo, I parked my rough looking black airhead next to their herd... And passers-by would look at mine or stop to talk about it, to the KTM's riders dismay... Shoulda seen the smirk on my face... :bounce:
1978 BMW R100S "Naked"
1999 650RS W3 Replica "Twin With a Kick"

Return to “General Motorcycle Chat”