Covid-19 Important Information

Tell us your jokes but keep it clean and decent or it will be removed

Moderator: Moderators

Galactic Greyhound
Moderator/Club Member
Country of Residence: Scotland

Re: Covid-19 Important Information

Postby Galactic Greyhound » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:36 pm

But is a driver over 70 breaking any rules. If they are in a car on their own they are pretty isolated at least until some plod tells them to wind their window down.

I am in the high risk category being 65, diabetic for 35 years and had a heart attack a couple of years ago but my mum is also high risk being 90 years old and living alone. I go to see her every day but I do not see any risk at all in doing that. I am deliberately not going anywhere else.

Conflicting information from Boris and the rest of those morons and too much wanting to save face instead of saving people.

Let's be quite clear of what is being asked of people and why:

Group 1: Healthy young people being asked to avoid crowd exposure and unnecessary travel.

Group 2. Elderly people over 70 and those 'at risk' due to low immune systems being asked to stay indoors for up to 16 weeks, curtail visitors and visiting, only go out for food/medicine and other essentials.

Group 2 is therefore the most 'at risk'.

WHY? This is because, unlike other flu epidemics which usually occur on an annual basis throughout the World due to the virus mutating to a different strain but based on the previous gene structure, the Covid-19 virus is a NEW gene structure - NOBODY has any immunity to it because it has never been around before.

EVERYBODY will eventually contract this virus at some time.

What the Governments are trying to do therefore is to SLOW the rate of infection so that the health services do not become overwhelmed and collapse.

The advice given out is sound - avoid meeting people but if you HAVE to meet people such as dependent relatives then be sensible and, if possible, keep a distance of 2 metres from them.

The reason that the over 70's have been targeted is that they pose the greater risk to the viability of the Health Service than the other Group and it is easier for them to self-isolate as they are likely retired and have no work to go to.

This Government advice is about avoiding the collapse of the Health Services NOT avoiding anyone getting the virus.
Ced.

R1100RT 1996.
Sent by Boson Quantum Transmission from the Starship 'Galahad'.
http://www.researchgate.net/publication ... ing_bosons" - It works!

Rob Frankhamr
Club Member 14

Postby Rob Frankhamr » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:37 pm

That is a very slippery slope to stand on.
Yes... it would probably be better if the government were not put in the position where they find it necessary to take the measures... but that requires the majority of the poulation to be sensible and responsible.

Rob
Robin Frankham
ImageImageImage

Frankhams retirement home for elderly Boxers.

Mjolinor
Forum User
Country of Residence: United Kingdom

Postby Mjolinor » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:55 pm

That is a very slippery slope to stand on.
Yes... it would probably be better if the government were not put in the position where they find it necessary to take the measures... but that requires the majority of the poulation to be sensible and responsible.

Rob
Aint that the truth. Even now I can't believe some people's attitude towards all this, refusing to change what they do and where they go. Why do people do that, it is so stupid.

krankshaft
Forum User
Country of Residence: switzerland

Postby krankshaft » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:14 pm

if such laws are deemed to be necessary, they will be quite draconian.
And you can bet they won't be repealed when 'emergency' is over.
Ride free
Jim

george baker
Club Member 14
Country of Residence: uk

Postby george baker » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:07 pm

Hi
Rob said Averaging cameras are slightly different. The consecutive cameras are in communication with one another. The first camera takes an image and passes it to the second which 'watches' for the vehicle to pass and calculates the average speed form the elapsed time. Once again, I'm pretty sure that the registration is only submitted to ANPR if an offence is detected.
I was told -- it was some time ago-- that Averaging consecutive cameras are in communication with one another. The first camera takes an image and passes it to the second which 'watches' for the vehicle to pass and calculates the average speed from the elapsed time. If you change lanes no offence is detected so the registration is not submitted to ANPR since no offence is detected.
G
Member 21, R100R, and an under used K75

Rob Frankhamr
Club Member 14

Postby Rob Frankhamr » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:00 am

I was told -- it was some time ago-- that Averaging consecutive cameras are in communication with one another. The first camera takes an image and passes it to the second which 'watches' for the vehicle to pass and calculates the average speed from the elapsed time. If you change lanes no offence is detected so the registration is not submitted to ANPR since no offence is detected.
G

Sorry to disabuse you but that's very old information. It was essentially true for the first averaging camera setups but the authorities soon realised what was going on and and the issue was fixed.. Now, in those situations where there is more than one camera at a location, the image is monitored by all of the 'downstream' cameras so it doesn't matter which lane you are in.

Rob
Robin Frankham
ImageImageImage

Frankhams retirement home for elderly Boxers.

Mjolinor
Forum User
Country of Residence: United Kingdom

Postby Mjolinor » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:34 am

They fixed it really quickly, only a matter of weeks.

It is probably in the Guinness world record books in the category "fastest speed for completing a task in a government department".

Jockboxer
Forum User

Postby Jockboxer » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:05 pm

Self isolating by bike ride seems eminently sensible to me. Even if it involves a small group, provided the individuals stand several feet apart during breaks in the ride. I can see tartan vacuum flasks coming back into fashion too! If HMG needs to further tighten up then that's fine too, if Parliament agrees and there's a sundown clause and regular review.

Galactic Greyhound
Moderator/Club Member

Postby Galactic Greyhound » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:46 pm

Self isolating by bike ride seems eminently sensible to me. Even if it involves a small group, provided the individuals stand several feet apart during breaks in the ride. I can see tartan vacuum flasks coming back into fashion too! If HMG needs to further tighten up then that's fine too, if Parliament agrees and there's a sundown clause and regular review.

Riders need to be aware of the following:

In some areas the rate of infection has not gone down as expected despite measures being taken.
Some NHS nurses are reporting that they believe the virus is spreading via the handles of the Fuel Pumps at fueling stations.

Your riding gloves should therefore be worn when refuelling and these gloves should be kept treated with a suitable sanitiser to avoid spreading the infection onto your bike.
Ced.

R1100RT 1996.
Sent by Boson Quantum Transmission from the Starship 'Galahad'.
http://www.researchgate.net/publication ... ing_bosons" - It works!

Return to “Jokers Corner”