CLUB MEMBER OR FORUM MEMBER ? WHATS THE DIFFERENCE?

Your totally irrelevant posts go here - keep it clean with no flaming and absolutely no politics (Club or otherwise). Posts contravening this WILL be removed without warning.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This forum may be used for your posts that don't fit elsewhere but please keep it clean, calm and respectful. As elsewhere, politics of any sort (including Club politics) are not permitted.
If you want to meet with others for your personal ride then please use the 'Anyone want to meet me?' forum.
If you want to invite the BM Riders Club to other club events please do it through official channels by contacting the Club Secretary.
Any posts contravening these guidelines may be removed without warning.
BASHER DAVIS
Forum User
Country of Residence: Uk

CLUB MEMBER OR FORUM MEMBER ? WHATS THE DIFFERENCE?

Postby BASHER DAVIS » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:16 am

I think I'm missing something and being daft ? What's the difference between being a FORUM MEMBER OR CLUB MEMBER ?? I thought it was the same thing ? Until I relized I can't access some of the club members sections to view comments or post ?

So I'm guessing it two different things ? MY QUESTION is ..... How do I become a club remember so I can access and view comments and post ??

Sorry for what probably seems a daft question to somebody else that will hopefully know the answer.... I'm a tad old and not great with forums 😳

Can anyone explain ?

😊😎👍

Rob Frankhamr
Club Member 14
Country of Residence: Scotland

Re: CLUB MEMBER OR FORUM MEMBER ? WHATS THE DIFFERENCE?

Postby Rob Frankhamr » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:08 am

Put simply, the forum is run by the club primarily for the benefit of members, however, many of the forum pages, particularly those relating to technical issues and motorcycling issues are open to anyone who wishes to make a contribution... or just seek information. This is of benefit to the club because it broadens the extent of knowledge and the number of posts by increasing the number of persons contributing. Only those pages specific to club membership are blocked or restricted to non club members. Membership of the forum is free.

So what are the benefits of membership of the club? As well as the joy of belonging :lol: , the club does run events that are open only to members as well as publishig and E-zine (Online magazine).

On a historical note, both the club and the forum were started by the late Phil Hawksley some years ago and a large part of the impetus for the start up was the demise of a forum run by a company called Motobins, the forum is, therefore, a major part of the club activities. Since Phils sad passing, they have been maintained by the club committee who are all volunteers (and BMW enthusiasts of course).

If you would like to know more (and even better join up), go to the top banner in any forum page (The darker blue line), there you will see a link to 'BM Riders Club' This will give a drop down menu giving options for details of the club and a joining page.

I hope you feel you would like to join us in the club and, apart from anything else, help us to support this helpful and friendly forum.

Welcome to the forum anyway, whatever you decide...

Rob
Robin Frankham
ImageImageImage

Frankhams retirement home for elderly Boxers.

george baker
Club Member 14
Country of Residence: uk

Postby george baker » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:16 pm

Hi
+1 with Rob says

Since Phil's passing the club has been paying for the forum since we dont seem to have a way I can think of to accept donations. Nick the treasurer has a better idea of figures than I do but I suspect just running the forum and insurance is probably more than we get in membership fees.

In the spring I have already booked a holiday lodge in mid Wales where people can stop to have rides out away from their home area. I think you should be able to find details of the 2019 week somewhere on the site.

George
Member 21, R100R, and an unused K75

BASHER DAVIS
Forum User
Country of Residence: Uk

Postby BASHER DAVIS » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:02 pm

Great.... this confirms that the forum and bmw club are separate.... thank you, I will look and follow the link you mentioned and see what’s involved 😎👍

Douglas C
Forum User

Postby Douglas C » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:40 pm

Great.... this confirms that the forum and bmw club are separate.
Just be aware that this forum is associated the the BM Riders Club.
The BMW Club is a different organisation.
Douglas C.

2000 R1150GS
1998 K1200RS (Now gone)
1994 K1100RS (Now gone)
1968 Triumph T120

george baker
Club Member 14
Country of Residence: uk

Postby george baker » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:07 am

Hi
apart from the difference between the two clubs our membership fee is 14 quid for 12 months

Link is here
https://www.bmbikes.org.uk/app.php/page/join-the-club

George
Member 21, R100R, and an unused K75

Return to “General Off Topic Chat”