Plymouth parking

Your totally irrelevant posts go here - keep it clean with no flaming and absolutely no politics (Club or otherwise). Posts contravening this WILL be removed without warning.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This forum may be used for your posts that don't fit elsewhere but please keep it clean, calm and respectful. As elsewhere, politics of any sort (including Club politics) are not permitted.
If you want to meet with others for your personal ride then please use the 'Anyone want to meet me?' forum.
If you want to invite the BM Riders Club to other club events please do it through official channels by contacting the Club Secretary.
Any posts contravening these guidelines may be removed without warning.
Jonnyrob
Forum User
Country of Residence: England

Plymouth parking

Postby Jonnyrob » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:15 am

Hi guys, a long shot, but someone may be able to help.

I’m off the the MotoPiston rally in Spain in September, (24th Sept to 1st Oct) and was originally sailing from Portsmouth. I’ve now been advised by Brittany Ferries that ALL sailings for the rest of the season are now out of / into Plymouth.

I had parking for my van (VW T5) and bike trailer booked, but now i need to source this as near as possible to the Plymouth ferry. Any thoughts or offers gratefully received. John.

george baker
Club Member 14
Country of Residence: uk

Re: Plymouth parking

Postby george baker » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:34 pm

Hi
no parking from me but good luck with the rally

George
Member 21, R100R, and an unused K75

Jonnyrob
Forum User

Postby Jonnyrob » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:34 pm

Thanks for the sentiment George, appreciated. I’ve been to the event this last couple of years, and i have to say that it’s highly recommended.
I’m still fingers crossed that someone will come up with secure parking for the van and bike trailer. I don’t use it, but facebook has been suggested as the next option. Thanks again.

andys
Forum User
Country of Residence: UK

Postby andys » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:13 pm

Have you considered a secure caravan compound.
They usually charge about £40 per month, and for a short term stay you'd likely pay more but even if it was twice that for a week or so at least you have peace of mind.
The place where I kept my caravan had all sorts stored in their, including a pretty impressive yaught

Jonnyrob
Forum User

Postby Jonnyrob » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:52 pm

Thanks for the thought Andy. A pal travelling with me is on the case with that one. It appears that most are starting to fill up with end of season caravans by then. I tried a couple of parking websites, and although spots are available, for obvious reasons, you’re unable to contact the owners of the various driveways, etc, directly, and a VW T5 and trailer may not be acceptable. Hey ho, there’ll be something out there.

Jonnyrob
Forum User

Postby Jonnyrob » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:21 pm

Hi guys, just a quick update and a shout out.
Firstly, the Motopiston rally in Santander.........if you haven’t Done it, or don’t know of it, google it. Absolutely wonderful event. Great hosts, great roads and scenery, great food, great beer, and loads of time riding old bikes in the sunshine....what’s not to like!
Secondly, myself and my two pals, Derek and Arthur, would like to offer our sincere thanks to the guys at 338 Commando in Plymouth. Dave, Andy and Graham could not have been nicer or more helpful in accommodating our parking needs whilst we we away at the event. If you live in Plymouth, and have any links to these guys, please give them a slap on the back from us. =D>

Return to “General Off Topic Chat”