I have to ask

Your totally irrelevant posts go here - keep it clean with no flaming and absolutely no politics (Club or otherwise). Posts contravening this WILL be removed without warning.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This forum may be used for your posts that don't fit elsewhere but please keep it clean, calm and respectful. As elsewhere, politics of any sort (including Club politics) are not permitted.
If you want to meet with others for your personal ride then please use the 'Anyone want to meet me?' forum.
If you want to invite the BM Riders Club to other club events please do it through official channels by contacting the Club Secretary.
Any posts contravening these guidelines may be removed without warning.
King Herald
Forum User
Country of Residence: United kingdom

Re: I have to ask

Postby King Herald » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:19 pm

Well I am surprised at how quickly you’d be happy to try a new vaccine. I’ll keep my thoughts to myself further than that.

Of course if I were dying in bed, then I’d probably try anything.

Seeing as the govt are trying to ban any negative commentary on the vaccine, on all social media, make it illegal to voice opinion, I refuse to be part of the freedom of speech lock down and I will wait until the vaccine has been properly tested en masse, for a reasonable period of time.

The govt have also passed 'emergency laws' that make it legal to hand out covid medications that have not been through the usual rigorous testing procedure.

You do not hear much about testing gone wrong but there are lots of severe problems caused by it. All kept as quiet as possible.

I remember the movie 'I Am Legend', amazing breakthrough vaccine to cure the world of cancer..... worked for a while, then everybody turned into zombies... 8-[

All of the three front runners have already had BIG human trials involving multiple thousands "customers".

I'd imagine it involves lots of people, and lots of time, to see side effects of ageing, child birth, long term mental issues etc. I remember the Thalidomide drug tragedy in the 70's....

https://helix.northwestern.edu/article/ ... regulation
Last edited by King Herald on Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1997 BMW R1100R
1993 Honda Transalp 600

Mjolinor
Forum User
Country of Residence: United Kingdom

Postby Mjolinor » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:26 pm

I remember the movie 'I Am Legend', amazing breakthrough vaccine to cure the world of cancer..... worked for a while, then everybody turned into zombies... 8-[
It wasn't real.

:)

Sadly we lost freedom of speech 30 years ago and are rapidly losing freedom of thought. George Orwell had it right, who'd a thunk it.

DEEP DIVER
Forum User
Country of Residence: ENGLAND

Postby DEEP DIVER » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:09 pm

Will this free up travel to people who have had it? I can just see the scene at airports/ ferry terminal's where your not allowed to travel because you didn't have the jab.
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.
Blue belt in Serious tea drinking.

Barry the old goat!!!!
1985 R80ST being rebuilt #-o
1985 R80RT Touring dream sold
2 Harley sportsters being rebuilt #-o
And a VW trike so I don't fall off :shock:

Mjolinor
Forum User

Postby Mjolinor » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:14 pm

Will this free up travel to people who have had it? I can just see the scene at airports/ ferry terminal's where your not allowed to travel because you didn't have the jab.
Let's not go there. The natural extension of such systems scares me.

I am so glad not to be in my twenties.

andys
Forum User
Country of Residence: UK

Postby andys » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:36 pm

I think you've hit the nail squarely on the head there.
In a recent press conference the health Secretary stated categorically that the vaccine would not be made compulsory.
HOWEVER
That won't stop other nations adopting different policies affecting international travel and I don't think it would necessarily stop there.
Concert venues, clubs pubs, even employers may make it mandatory and would likely get full support from the government.
Health passports are what's coming.
No vaccine no entry.
It'll l count for nothing saying that if you've had the vaccine what are you worried about much like when you take your pet to the kennels.
They still require your cat and dog to have an up to date vaccine card.
I think this is what's coming for us.

george baker
Club Member 14
Country of Residence: uk

Postby george baker » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:47 pm

Hi
could we confirm people have had the jab by injecting a microchip in to them?

(please understand this idea is a Joke / wind up)
George
Member 21, R100R, and an under used K75

Mjolinor
Forum User

Postby Mjolinor » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:02 pm

Hi

George
No, absolutely no, not ever, never, not in my lifetime.

King Herald
Forum User

Postby King Herald » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:38 pm

It wasn't real.

:)

Sadly we lost freedom of speech 30 years ago and are rapidly losing freedom of thought. George Orwell had it right, who'd a thunk it.

Not real? :sad: All these years...... :???:
1997 BMW R1100R
1993 Honda Transalp 600

King Herald
Forum User

Postby King Herald » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:39 pm

No vaccine no entry.
It'll l count for nothing saying that if you've had the vaccine what are you worried about much like when you take your pet to the kennels.
I’ve had to carry a health passport for years workshop offshore, quite a few countries won’t give work visas, or let seafarers in, without the relevant vaccinations etc.
1997 BMW R1100R
1993 Honda Transalp 600

DEEP DIVER
Forum User
Country of Residence: ENGLAND

Postby DEEP DIVER » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:13 pm

Hi

George
No, absolutely no, not ever, never, not in my lifetime.
I better check my replacement hip joint then. #-o
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.
Blue belt in Serious tea drinking.

Barry the old goat!!!!
1985 R80ST being rebuilt #-o
1985 R80RT Touring dream sold
2 Harley sportsters being rebuilt #-o
And a VW trike so I don't fall off :shock:

Mjolinor
Forum User

Postby Mjolinor » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:54 pm

No vaccine no entry.
I’ve had to carry a health passport for years workshop offshore, quite a few countries won’t give work visas, or let seafarers in, without the relevant vaccinations etc.
The relevant part is you have/had a choice.

Thankfully I don't do that sort of thing anymore. Never again will I have to take anti malaria pills that give every one the shits or that syringe full of pus for yellow fever. :)

Rob Frankhamr
Club Member 14
Country of Residence: Scotland

Postby Rob Frankhamr » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:12 pm

Hi

George
Anyone would think you're having a joke or winding everyone up...

Rob
Robin Frankham
ImageImageImage

Frankhams retirement home for elderly Boxers.

krankshaft
Forum User
Country of Residence: switzerland

Postby krankshaft » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:43 am

I think that the registration/confirmation process will become the major issue.
It's going to come down to restricting freedoms of the people who refuse the vaccination,
this will, of course, place great importance on how they are identified.
If you watch the pandemic 'simulation' called 'Event 201' carried out in October 2019
by John Hopkins university and funded by Bill Gates, Gates explains how they
intend to vaccinate the whole planet and provide some means of proving who's been vaccinated and who
has already been infected and recovered etc.
This 'exercise' took place many months before the Corona 'outbreak'
I do think that this situation is exremely threatening to human and civil rights and freedoms.
Ride safe
Jim

Rob Frankhamr
Club Member 14

Postby Rob Frankhamr » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:05 am

So...

what you're saying is that you would severely compromise the only chance that we have of controlling this virus, with what that means in terms of deaths and continuing passive control processes, on the offchance that some shadowy agency would be able to somehow use the information on whether you have or haven't had the vaccine.

To my mind, yes, it is right that individuals should have the ability to refuse to have the vaccine... but... it is also right that governments, other organisations and indeed businesses whould be able to refuse access people who don't take it.

The individual has to take responsibility for their own decisions and the the results of them.

Of course, where an individual has genuine medical reasons for declining the vaccine, then there should be allowances, just as there are for mask wearing, but that still doesn't mean that person should be allowed unlimited access to vulnerable areas.

The inevitable result of this "I have the right to refuse the vaccine and suffer no ill effects from doing so", attitude is that we'll still be in lockdown this time next year and, perhaps more to the point, thousands of people will have lost their lives unnecessarily...

Rob
Robin Frankham
ImageImageImage

Mjolinor
Forum User

Postby Mjolinor » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:22 pm

Once we get to herd immunity levels there is no need for the vaccine to be administered to everyone anyway. There will always be some infection but it will not destroy society as it is at the moment.

Even with the vaccine there will be significant numbers of people that it does not work with so ti aint going away and it will mutate which could mean it all starts again.

The risks of living that we have to accept. :)

andys
Forum User
Country of Residence: UK

Postby andys » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:22 pm

So...

what you're saying is that you would severely compromise the only chance that we have of controlling this virus, with what that means in terms of deaths and continuing passive control processes, on the offchance that some shadowy agency would be able to somehow use the information on whether you have or haven't had the vaccine.

So to be clear, you're going to be first in the queue for an injection containing chemicals that you haven't clue about.
A vaccine that has been cleared for use in months when the average is about 10-15 years, for a virus with a more than 99% survival rate.
Well you go ahead.
I'll be watching and waiting to see how it goes for you before I offer myself up as a human guinea pig.

windmill john
Forum User
Country of Residence: England
Location: Somewhere in Southern England. bip bip bip, loose lips sinks ships

Postby windmill john » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:38 pm

I haven’t the intellect to argue this thread, but Rob,

“ The inevitable result of this "I have the right to refuse the vaccine and suffer no ill effects from doing so", attitude is that we'll still be in lockdown this time next year and, perhaps more to the point, thousands of people will have lost their lives unnecessarily...”

Really! I do not want the vaccine. And if all the people who want it, take it, could lock down not be over? Let’s not worry about the ones who don’t take it, including me.
And... if millions don’t take it, surely we have the right to make that decision?

I might be wrong, but it is my feeling.

John
http://www.kittos.co.uk
Best roads: 623 Burgos to Santander. A back road to Metz; can't remember which!
Ari, my 500 Classic
Bumble, my 700 Transalp.
Gupta, my 350 Bullet.
Sold my Airheads, what an idiot.
Too many bikes have come and gone, trying to be sensible now!

Rob Frankhamr
Club Member 14

Postby Rob Frankhamr » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:38 pm

My pint would be that you have the right to make the decision but do you have the right to impose the effects of your decision on everyone else?

Rob
Robin Frankham
ImageImageImage

Tony the Skin
Club Member 14

Postby Tony the Skin » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:39 am

Worth reading a bit of history to get a perspective on the anti vaccine argument. Nothing I have heard is very different from the hysteria of the 1850's. Then the fight was typhoid and smallpox. Riots took place as some claimed children who had been vaccinated took on a bovine appearance. I joke not. Such was the outcry compulsory vaccination was abandoned as a policy. I remember children in my age group getting polio in my early years but never since.
BMW R75/5
BMW R90/S
BMW R75/7
BMW R100 RT Classic
BMW K75 Sprint
BMW R1200 RS LC

Harleys

Suzuki GT750A

Membership No. 672

windmill john
Forum User
Location: Somewhere in Southern England. bip bip bip, loose lips sinks ships

Postby windmill john » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:38 am

How can the ‘effects of my decision’ affect others? The ones who take the vaccine will not be affected. The ones who don’t, have made the same decision as me and have to accept responsibility for themselves.

Added - I’d hate to fall out due to this thread, so I’ll bow out. Like many things, never the twain shall meet.
http://www.kittos.co.uk
Best roads: 623 Burgos to Santander. A back road to Metz; can't remember which!
Ari, my 500 Classic
Bumble, my 700 Transalp.
Gupta, my 350 Bullet.
Sold my Airheads, what an idiot.
Too many bikes have come and gone, trying to be sensible now!

King Herald
Forum User

Postby King Herald » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:37 am

I haven’t the intellect to argue this thread, but Rob,

“ The inevitable result of this "I have the right to refuse the vaccine and suffer no ill effects from doing so", attitude is that we'll still be in lockdown this time next year and, perhaps more to the point, thousands of people will have lost their lives unnecessarily...”

Really! I do not want the vaccine. And if all the people who want it, take it, could lock down not be over? Let’s not worry about the ones who don’t take it, including me.
And... if millions don’t take it, surely we have the right to make that decision?

I might be wrong, but it is my feeling.

John

Exactly my view too. There will be millions blindly queuing up to take this experimental body altering drug, so let them, they can be the mass production guinea pigs we need.

Compulsory inoculation, health passports, restricted travel and access for certain people...

...and maybe a number tattooed on the forearm so nobody can dispute whether you are who who actually claim to be... :???:
1997 BMW R1100R
1993 Honda Transalp 600

Rob Frankhamr
Club Member 14

Postby Rob Frankhamr » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:51 am

How can the ‘effects of my decision’ affect others? The ones who take the vaccine will not be affected. The ones who don’t, have made the same decision as me and have to accept responsibility for themselves.

I think that's pretty much what I just said...

Added - I’d hate to fall out due to this thread, so I’ll bow out. Like many things, never the twain shall meet.
Agreed

Rob
Robin Frankham
ImageImageImage

Mjolinor
Forum User

Postby Mjolinor » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:06 pm

King Herald
Forum User

Postby King Herald » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:15 pm

The one developed at Oxford doesn't actually stop you getting the disease, it just stops you developing the symptoms, leaving you still contagious to infect others. That was discussed on BBC this morning.

So, having the vaccine does nothing for other peoples safety. Not having it merely leaves you open to getting sick yourself.
1997 BMW R1100R
1993 Honda Transalp 600

Mjolinor
Forum User

Postby Mjolinor » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:18 pm

The really scary one is the one that uses totally artificial man made thing to stop it getting into cells once you have the virus.

I suppose I need to go and find a link to it now. :)

Return to “General Off Topic Chat”