Well Used

Chat about anything to do with sidecars and outfits. NOT BMW specific - all welcome

Moderator: Moderators

Nick

Postby Nick » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:35 am

I wonder why they never have a competition for the tattiest tattoos. I am going, then probably go to Rivington afterwards.

Cheers :occasion5:
Oh, do post a pic of your tatty tattoo, Dennis.........

Tim (Midland Section)

Postby Tim (Midland Section) » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:19 pm

So no doubt there will be some hairy arsed Bury bikers there.
Will they have a tatty tattoo of Che Guevara on their shoulder?
clue Thurs 20:30 BBC2.

Dennis Crompton

Postby Dennis Crompton » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:49 pm

Britains most Tattooed Granny apparently. Plenty more were this came from. It depends on whether people find tattoos acceptable or not on the naked body. :lol:

Moderator please delete if unacceptable

Patman
Club Member 13

Postby Patman » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:44 pm

She's going to be hard to "read" in a few year's time when Canada is located in Mexico :grin:. Personally, I find the value of jewelry will "hit the floor" unexpectedly :grin:.

I can't really appreciate why people put themselves through this but, I suppose, different strokes for different folks.

Pat
1992 K100LT
e-Zine Editor - editor@bmridersclub.com
Member No. 69 (don't ask!!!)
Irish Section webmaster - http://www.bmw-club.org.uk/~irish/
Young riders pick a destination and go. Old riders pick a direction and go.

Dennis Crompton

Postby Dennis Crompton » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:33 pm

Continuing Sidecar and Bury Bike Show Chat. A nice Kwasaki outfit

And the other side

A tatty tattoo

A very nice engine

One for Spot :lol:

And Spot's Dream Trike
:grin:

Dennis Crompton

Postby Dennis Crompton » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:34 pm

Oh! by the way has anybody seen that cheap BMW out fit on E bay less than 500.00

Snowbike

Postby Snowbike » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:13 pm

A neat fork on the trike!
It's so perfect so you might think I have made it myeslfes! :razz:

:grin: Liv.

Dennis Crompton

Postby Dennis Crompton » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:01 pm

Belgium GS Week End pictures courtesy UKGSer Club.

Oufit used for touring South America

CaravanMan

Postby CaravanMan » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:17 am

All the old Viking myths are true then - elfs, trolls and the rest still around - just building motorcycle parts these days instead of kidnapping innocent strangers :grin:

CaravanMan

Re: Well Used

Postby CaravanMan » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:21 am

The easy part of the question is what make is that box thing with one wheel fastened to the side of the BMW :-k
Denniss a GEMINI (LO-LINE SPECIAL) It was made by Fred Yates at his premises at 285 Dudley Road, Winson Green, Birmingham. In the early/middle 80s it would have cost 925 fitted, optional extras were an interior light, sliding window. roof rack, tow bar and a Britax safety seat. The additional headroom bit/thing is not standard, someone has added that.
...........a Busmar Astral not a Gemini (very tatty on the outside, but o.k. on the inside with the original seats still!!) theres a picture of it on the site some where, but if youd like a snap of it let me know.

Are you getting a liking for one ??

Mike. Loo's found your medication. It's where you left it in the potting shed. She'll drop it off tonight before it gets too bad.... [-X

tubbs

Postby tubbs » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:50 pm

Mike. Loo's found your medication. It's where you left it in the potting shed. [-X
Doh! Ive picked up the Levingtons Compost Enhancer then? two teaspoonfuls, three times a day!! 8-[

george baker
Moderator/Club Member
Country of Residence: uk

Postby george baker » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:48 am

Hi
I use my own natural compost enhancer
George

Snowbike

Postby Snowbike » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:21 am

All the old Viking myths are true then - elfs, trolls and the rest still around - just building motorcycle parts these days instead of kidnapping innocent strangers :grin:
Meet me and Knut at FlÃm 24th. of July and find out if your kidnapping theory are right... :cool: ..if you dare! :grin:

:razz: Liv.

Dennis Crompton

Postby Dennis Crompton » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:30 pm

Stafford Bike Show

Any comments anyone. 650GS Trials outfit and very nice it looked too.

Aluminium Shell on the Rudge Stand

This outfit looked really good. Not a clue what it is, but different. Is anybody out of the potting shed yet? :lol:

boxerman
Site Admin/Club Member
Country of Residence: UK

Postby boxerman » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:59 pm

Well, it's an Avon Streamliner fairing and a Steib chair - says so.....

Looks a sweet little piece of kit - you'll get Liv going again......
Phil Hawksley 'The Boxer Man' - aka 'Dangermouse'
Member #1 Much modified R80G/S - a REAL one
Why not join the BM Riders Club @ http://www.bmridersclub.com
http://www.boxerman.co.uk
http://www.bmbikes.co.uk
https://twitter.com/boxermanphil for my Badger videos

Patman
Club Member 13

Postby Patman » Tue May 01, 2007 12:01 am

The passenger would need shockin' long arms to grip that hand-rail with the windscreen in the way. 8-[

Pat
1992 K100LT

Sofa
Forum User
Country of Residence: U.K.

Postby Sofa » Tue May 01, 2007 7:14 am

Living in Leicestershire and riding outfits I do of course recognise the F650, it belongs to Charnwood Classics and legend has it that Jim built it for a customers business that went bankrupt and now uses it himself. He was at our local Christmas toy run with his wife on the sidecar (can't be "in" that sidecar) both in Santa costumes. I think it is actually for sale. A friend of mine owned the bike as a solo although he is really a sidecar man and has at times considered "chairing up" his current solo F650GS.
Any thing else you want to know Dennis?
2003 K1200GT Hedingham HUB Sidecar. RSP Top Yoke, RT bars, ABS/Servo removed, Klicktronic. EZS subframe, trail reducing kit and rear wheel. Wheelchair rack. Previous BMWs R80RT mono, R1100GS, R80RT (added a sidecar), R100RT sidecar, K75, K100 sidecar x2, K1100 sidecar, R1150R.

Snowbike

Postby Snowbike » Tue May 01, 2007 8:08 am

Hi Santa!
-You know where sweet little girls like me are living! :smt111
I lended you my Scarver, remember?
And it's OK to give me the plattform/sidecar me long before Christmas...

-Who know what might happend if we let my Scarver and the SantaSidecar alone for some nights... ScarverSidecarBabies? :smt049 :smt063

:smile: Liv.

Patman
Club Member 13

Postby Patman » Tue May 01, 2007 9:45 am

-Who know what might happend if we let my Scarver and the SantaSidecar alone for some nights... ScarverSidecarBabies? :smt049 :smt063

I don't think BMW will ever make a 50cc Scarver with a little chair on the side :grin: :grin:

Pat
1992 K100LT

Snowbike

Postby Snowbike » Tue May 01, 2007 1:19 pm

I don't think BMW will ever make a 50cc Scarver with a little chair on the side :grin: :grin:

Pat
You don't have to belive in Santa, Troll and Aliens to think they do!
They made the C1, remember?

...and do you believe I would love a C1 with a tub? :smt034 C1 sidecar with the chair in the air; -JIIIIIIIIII-HAAA! And wtih all the 50ccm ScarverSidecarBabies folowing; I would love to see that!
=D> (-Is there a movie maker around? This must be a perfect idea for a cartoon! =D> )

dave carthorse

Postby dave carthorse » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:13 pm

I have just discovered this, by Googleing "Gemini sidecar" . This is my bike and chair , I had bought it like that from Ebay for £773 and it only failed it's mot on worn sidecar tyre , the photo must have been taken on one of our first trips . It now has a velorex sidecar body and red fairing. I still have the Gemini but it needs a bit of tlc, I have thought about converting it into a trailer.

Sofa
Forum User
Country of Residence: U.K.

Postby Sofa » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:28 pm

Crikey a post after 8 years and it send me an email to tell me. My goodness Liv, Patman, Bodger, Tubbs, Dennis, this takes me back! Dave must be pretty surprised to see this then!
2003 K1200GT Hedingham HUB Sidecar. RSP Top Yoke, RT bars, ABS/Servo removed, Klicktronic. EZS subframe, trail reducing kit and rear wheel. Wheelchair rack. Previous BMWs R80RT mono, R1100GS, R80RT (added a sidecar), R100RT sidecar, K75, K100 sidecar x2, K1100 sidecar, R1150R.

Nabsim

Postby Nabsim » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:29 pm

tubs got that spot on, Gemini same as mine except of the roof mod, should have sunroof there. Mine has the roof rack as well. Previous owner toured Arctic Circle in it and said he sometimes slept in the sidecar. It fits someone over 6 foot tall lying down but due to the wheel being inside you can't get two side by side in it. Have thought a few times at having a go at turning it into a folding camper, trailer tent style cantilever. Beyond my skills though. :)

Nabsim

Postby Nabsim » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:35 pm

Sorry, only just realised it was an old post

Return to “Sidecar Chat”