G650GS Rear splash Guard

Post your G Series Technical Q&A's here

Moderator: Moderators

bart

G650GS Rear splash Guard

Postby bart » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:22 am

Hi folks

The splash Guard seems a strange ommission from the new G650GS, and it certainly needs one. I have searched for after market and there is nothing at the moment. Does anyone know if the F650 guard will fit?

Lolo
Country of Residence: Portugal

Re: G650GS Rear splash Guard

Postby Lolo » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:26 am

Hi Bart

I see what you mean a quick search seems to lead to the only splash guard is the one that you can attach to the number plate for your bike.
Just in case no one comes up with a nugget of knowledge I have found Nippy Normans great for responding to Emails when Im not sure if something will fit my bike :smile:
Living the dream :sunny:

The Baron

Postby The Baron » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:43 pm

Hi Bart

If the new model uses the same swing arm as the 2009 G650GS , then it may be worth looking at a standard 650gs splash guard.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

bart

Postby bart » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:03 am

As you know I am looking for a rear splash guard for a G650GS
The pictures are Just to clarify what I am speaking about, and are of a 05 F650 Dakar
I am not certain where the right side bolts to, however The G650GS measures approx:
Chain guard Right Side(from the end of the swinging arm) 70mm and 322 mm
There is an unused mount point on the underside of the swing arm that is 230mm

Left side (from the end of the swinging arm) 20mm and 140mm
The left side looks a straight fit.
Anyone got an 05 g650 dakar and can confirm any of this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bart

Postby bart » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:18 pm

Well what do you know, the rear splash guard from an 05 dakar fits straight onto the 2011 G650GS.
No modification required.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bart

Postby bart » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:34 am

Wunderlich extended number plate holder and dakar spash guard fitted, bike stays much cleaner, highly recommended upgrade for those that dont want sh1t on their jacket, seat or topbox.

Return to “G Series Technical Queries”